Dieppe Section B Benefit Lawyer
When drivers are injured in motor vehicle collisions in the Dieppe area, they may be able to recover financial compensation through their insurance provider.
Automobile insurance is mandatory for anyone who owns or operates a vehicle throughout the province. Standard Owner’s Policies provide coverage for a range of statutory items, including no-fault accident benefits, also referred to as Section B benefits. In the event of a collision that causes injuries, regardless of which driver was responsible for causing the accident, injured parties may be able to collect Section B benefits.
Section B benefits provide coverage for expenses arising from the newly acquired injuries sustained in the motor vehicle collision. In most cases, Section B benefits cover the costs of damages up to $50,000 for four years following a car accident. Examples of medical expenses that may be covered by Section B benefits include:
- Chiropractic sessions
- Massage therapy
- Strength-training exercise programs
- Psychological counselling
- Medical equipment
- Mobility aids
- Ambulance bills
- Home modifications to accommodate acquired disabilities
- Mileage expenses for trips to and from medical appointments
- And possibly more
In addition to providing financial compensation for medical expenses, Section B benefits may provide:
- Weekly Indemnity Benefits: Income replacement payments of up to $250/week for 2 years issued to accident survivors who cannot work because of their injuries.
- Housekeeping expenses: $100 per week for 52 weeks to retain the services of a housekeeper if the injured accident victim cannot maintain their residence as a result of their injuries.
- Death Benefits: For accidents ending in fatalities, $2,500 in funeral expenses, $25,000 in death benefits for the head of household or their spouse, and $5,000 in death benefits for dependents.
Car accidents can have serious consequences. When injuries occur as the result of a traumatic collision, the road to recovery can be a long and difficult one. Injured accident victims may come to depend on Section B benefits to help pay for newly acquired, necessary expenses.
Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, insurance companies may deny Section B benefits to those eligible claimants. If your benefits have been unfairly denied, our Dieppe Section B benefit lawyers may be able to help you overturn your insurance provider’s decision.
It can be difficult to understand why your legitimate claim for Section B benefits was denied. To discuss the circumstances of your accident and learn about options for financial recovery that may be available to you, contact our Section B benefit lawyers serving Dieppe for a free, initial consultation.
Free Consultation for Dieppe Residents – We Don’t Get Paid Unless We Win
During a free, initial consultation, our Dieppe Section B benefit lawyers may be able to address any questions you have, review your insurance policy, and advise you of options that may be available to you. If eligible, our Section B benefit lawyers serving Dieppe may be able to fight on your behalf to try overturning your insurance provider’s unfair determination.
To learn how our Section B benefit lawyers serving Dieppe may be able to help with your claim, book a free, initial consultation with Preszler Injury Lawyers today.