Wrongful Death Lawyers
Losing a loved one is never easy for surviving family members. But when that death has come at the hands of someone else, due to negligence or other wrongdoing, it can be even more traumatic. Financial compensation can never fully repair that loss, but it can help with things like funeral expenses and the loss of income the deceased may have provided, and that family members had become dependent on.
If you have lost someone due to someone else’s negligence, it is important you speak to a wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Many people believe that a wrongful death will never happen to them or their family. But these cases are very common. While the below list is certainly not exhaustive, it does include the most common types of wrongful death cases seen in Aurora and throughout the province.
- Car accidents. This is the most common cause of wrongful death cases, and they are especially prominent in Nova Scotia. While car accidents causing wrongful death on city and town roads certainly can happen, they are more likely to occur on highways.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors, nurses and healthcare workers are professionals that typically help people to the best of their ability. And just because a condition does not improve or a patient passes away does not mean medical malpractice has taken place. However, in some cases of misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose, the death could have been prevented and healthcare professionals may be found negligent.
- Workplace accidents. Nova Scotia is a manufacturing powerhouse, and with that manufacturing comes many dangerous workplace environments. Whether a factory accident takes place or an accident takes place on a construction site, workplace accidents are common wrongful death cases.
- Defective products. One of the most well-known examples of this was when GM had to recall many of their models due to ignition problems. In addition to motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals, unsafe foods, and unsafe children’s toys have all led to wrongful deaths.
- Pedestrian accidents. Being a pedestrian can be dangerous at times, particularly when there are no safe or well-lit walkways for the pedestrians to help them stay out of the way of traffic. These types of accidents are typically due to negligence on the part of the driver but when they happen, there is a great chance the pedestrian will be severely injured or killed.
While these are the most common causes of wrongful death, any time a person passes away due to someone else’s wrongdoing, a wrongful death lawyer can help surviving loved ones claim compensation for their loss.
How a Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Help
In Nova Scotia, surviving family members have a prescribed time frame from the date of death to file a wrongful death claim, so there is no time to delay. If you have lost a loved one, contact a wrongful death lawyer today. An experienced lawyer can review your case and give you the best chance at receiving compensation.
Contact Preszler Law Injury Lawyers today for a FREE initial consultation!