Miramichi Accident Benefits Lawyer
Regardless of which driver was responsible for causing a serious car accident, if any of the motorists involved sustained injuries as a result of their collision, they may be able to collect financial compensation in the form of no-fault accident benefits. That is because it is mandatory for all drivers in the province to carry automobile insurance, and all standard policies include coverage for accident benefits. Even if a driver’s mistakes or wrongful conduct on the road caused the collision to occur in the first place, if they sustained injuries during the crash, they may be able to recover accident benefits.
Also known as Section B benefits, no-fault accident benefits can provide injured accident survivors with up to $50,000 in coverage for four years from the date of their collision. These benefits are designed to provide injured accident survivors with compensation for expenses related to their injuries, which often include:
- Medical treatments
- Rehabilitation costs
- Mobility aids, assistive medical equipment
- Home modifications to accommodate newly acquired disabilities
- Ambulance services
- Mileage expenses to and from medical appointments
- Psychological counselling
- And possibly more
In addition to the injury-related expenses listed above, car accident survivors may be able to collect compensation from their insurance provider to recover costs related to:
- Housekeeping expenses: If the injured party cannot perform regular housework because of their injuries and is their home’s primary caretaker, they could receive $100 per week for 52 weeks to retain the services of a housekeeper.
- Weekly Indemnity Benefits: If the injuries sustained in a car crash prevent the accident survivor from returning to work, they may receive income replacement payments of up to $250/week for 2 years.
- Death Benefits: If a car accident results in fatalities, families of the deceased may receive $2,500 for funeral expenses, $25,000 in death benefits for the head of household or their spouse, and $5,000 in death benefits for dependents.
Accident benefits can provide injured car crash survivors with much-needed financial support. As insurance policyholders, drivers across the province pay monthly premiums to their insurance provider so that, in case of emergency, they will be able to access the benefits to which they may be entitled. As such, it could be assumed that injured car crash survivors should be easily able to access the accident benefits they are owed.
However, after sustaining injuries in a collision and submitting a claim for benefits, many eligible policyholders are denied the accident benefits to which they should be entitled. In fact, insurance companies may find numerous reasons to turn down eligible claimants whose injuries should entitle them to financial compensation.
Recovering from the injuries sustained in a serious car accident can be an expensive process. Insurance policies are designed to offset the costs incurred by injured motorists. If your claim for benefits was denied, our accident benefits lawyers serving Miramichi may be able to help you overturn your insurance provider’s unfair determination. By working with our Miramichi accident benefits lawyers, unfairly denied claimants may be able to recover their previously denied benefits and, depending on the circumstances of their case, any additional damages resulting from their claim’s denial.
To review your situation and learn about options for financial recovery that may be available to you, call Preszler Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation with our accident benefits lawyers serving Miramichi.
Free Consultation for Miramichi Residents – We Don’t Get Paid Unless We Win
Our Miramichi accident benefits lawyers have a history of standing up to insurance providers who have unfairly treated injured members of our local community. To discuss the circumstances of your case and receive the benefit of legal advice tailored to your specific situation, book your free initial consultation with Preszler Injury Lawyers today.