Automobile insurance coverage is mandatory for anyone who owns and/or operates a motor vehicle in this province. This mandatory insurance coverage can provide much-needed financial relief in the event of a collision.
Car accidents can be fatal. They can also culminate in severe, potentially life-changing injuries. When injuries are sustained as the result of an automobile collision, injured insurance policyholders may be able to collect accident benefits to cover certain costs related to their recovery.
Also referred to as Section B benefits, no-fault accident benefits may be available to injured car crash survivors, regardless of which driver was responsible for causing the collision to occur. In other words, even drivers whose wrongful action behind the wheel were responsible for causing the crash may be able to recover accident benefits from their insurance provider to offset their injury-related expenses. Accident benefits can provide injured collision survivors with up to $50,000 in coverage for up to four years following the date of their crash. Accident benefits may be used to cover certain costs, including:
- Medical treatments
- Rehabilitation costs
- Mobility aids, assistive medical equipment
- Home modifications to accommodate newly acquired disabilities
- Ambulance services
- Mileage expenses to and from medical appointments
- Psychological counselling
- And possibly more
In addition to the injury-related expenses listed above, car accident survivors may be able to collect compensation from their insurance provider to recover costs related to:
- Housekeeping expenses: If the injured party cannot perform regular housework because of their injuries and is their home’s primary caretaker, they could receive $100 per week for 52 weeks to retain the services of a housekeeper.
- Weekly Indemnity Benefits: If the injuries sustained in a car crash prevent the accident survivor from returning to work, they may receive income replacement payments of up to $250/week for 2 years.
- Death Benefits: If a car accident results in fatalities, families of the deceased may receive $2,500 for funeral expenses, $25,000 in death benefits for the head of household or their spouse, and $5,000 in death benefits for dependents..
Car accidents can happen out of nowhere. No one plans to be involved in a serious collision, and few people are financially prepared for the expensive process of recovery often required to overcome severe injuries. Accident benefits can be a crucial source of income for those injured car crash survivors struggling to support themselves and their families in the aftermath of an injurious collision.
However, for a number of reasons, insurance providers may decide to deny benefits claims from injured accident victims and to withhold accident benefits payments from them, even though they have sustained injuries as the result of a crash. When this happens, seeking advice from our accident benefits lawyers serving Tracadie-Sheila can be crucial.
Our Tracadie-Sheila accident benefits lawyers have a history of fighting insurance companies who treat their policyholders unfairly. We work on behalf of injured members of the local community, advocating for the fair treatment of people whose lives have been disrupted by car accidents in and around Tracadie-Sheila.
By working with our accident benefits lawyers serving Tracadie-Sheila, you may be able to overturn your insurer’s unfair decision and recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more about how our Tracadie-Sheila accident benefits lawyers may be able to help, contact Preszler Injury Lawyers today for a free initial consultation.
Free Consultation for Tracadie-Sheila Residents – We Don’t Get Paid Unless We Win
Preszler Injury Lawyers have a proven track record of standing up to insurance companies who unfairly withhold accident benefits from deserving policyholders. To discuss your case with our accident benefits lawyers serving Tracadie-Sheila and learn about legal options for financial recovery that may be available to you, book a free initial consultation with Preszler Injury Lawyers today.