Shediac Section B Benefit Lawyer
When accidents on the roads and highways in and around Shediac cause motor vehicle operators to sustain injuries, the challenges they face can seem insurmountable. Depending on the severity of their accident-related injuries, car crash survivors may require hospitalization, physical rehabilitation, drastic lifestyle changes, and other costly services arising in response to the injuries they have sustained.
Recovering from accident-related injuries can be expensive. That said, in this province, it is mandatory for all drivers to hold automobile insurance, and all standard plans make provisions for Section B benefits.
Also referred to as “no-fault accident benefits,” any insured driver who has been injured in a car accident may be able to access Section B benefits, regardless of whether they were responsible for causing the collision. Indeed, even a driver whose wrongful actions behind the wheel caused the crash to occur, if they were injured in the accident, they may be able to access Section B benefits.
For a maximum of four years following the date of their collision, injured car crash survivors can claim up to $50,000 in Section B benefits to help them offset the costs of necessary injury-related costs. These may include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bills
- Medical equipment
- Mobility aids
- Chiropractic sessions
- Massage therapy
- Strength-training exercise programs
- Psychological counselling
- Home modifications to accommodate acquired disabilities
- Mileage expenses for trips to and from medical appointments
- And possibly more
Moreover, injured car accident survivors may be able to access additional compensation from their insurance provider based on the effects their injuries have had on their lives. This additional compensation may include:
- Housekeeping expenses: If the injured party cannot perform regular housework because of their injuries and is their home’s primary caretaker, they could receive $100 per week for 52 weeks to retain the services of a housekeeper.
- Weekly Indemnity Benefits: If the injuries sustained in a car crash prevent the accident survivor from returning to work, they may receive income replacement payments of up to $250/week for 2 years.
- Death Benefits: If a car accident results in fatalities, families of the deceased may receive $2,500 for funeral expenses, $25,000 in death benefits for the head of household or their spouse, and $5,000 in death benefits for dependents.
Section B benefits help injured car accident survivors afford newly acquired expenses. However, insurance companies may find reasons to deny their policyholders’ claims for accident benefits, even after providing thorough medical proof of being injured in a motor vehicle collision.
If your benefits claim was denied, consider booking a free initial consultation with our Section B benefit lawyers serving Shediac. By working with our Shediac Section B benefit lawyers, you may be able to overturn your insurer’s unfair decision and recover the compensation you are rightfully owed.
To learn how our Section B benefit lawyers serving Shediac may be able to help with your case, call Preszler Injury Lawyers today and receive a free initial consultation.
Free Consultation for Shediac Residents – We Don’t Get Paid Unless We Win
Preszler Injury Lawyers offer a free initial consultation to all prospective clients. During a no-obligation first meeting with our Shediac Section B benefit lawyers, you will have the opportunity to review your situation, ask important questions, learn about courses of action that may be available to you, and receive the benefit of personalized legal advice, all at no cost.
To take advantage of your free initial consultation with Preszler Injury Lawyers, contact our Section B benefit lawyers serving Shediac today.